Friday, August 11, 2017

My Writing Habits?

On this blog?  It's more likely than you think.
I know that I normally don't post anything personal, but I was tagged by the especially awesome Nicohle, and I just can't deny her anything. (Literally.  She's holding a gun to my head.  Send help.)

Where do you go write and what does it look like?
I write in my room or in the kitchen.  My desk is very messy.  The kitchen table is very messy.  I am a mess.
Snacks or drinks?
Neither usually, but both when I do take my laptop to the kitchen.  Usually apple juice or coffee with potato chips or fruit.  Barbecue Lays chips are the worst, I can't stop eating them, but they mess up my fingers and my keyboard.  Raspberries are a better move.
Do you like to write with noise or in total silence?
Noise always.  Music, mostly.  I can write while watching television or anime, but if I really want to focus, it has to be music.
Paper or computer?
Computer.  It has to end up there eventually anyway, why would I handwrite then transcribe?
what do you do before you start to write?
I start writing in the morning and go throughout the day on and off, but I usually eat breakfast and read all four of the day's new articles on Cracked first.
What time of day do you like to write?
All day, but early morning gives me more of a shot at getting some good focusing done.
what distracts you from writing?
  1. My family
  2. My dog
  3. Vidya Game
  4. This Discord Channel (Thanks for setting that one up for me)
anything to help set the mood?
All songs by Mother Mother.  They range from slow and soft to harsh and in your face, but there's always a tone of dismay.
are you a plotter or pantser?
I try to be a plotter.  I create plots.  Then the writing takes over and changes everything.  My plans are the same, but how I get there changes.
Any other weird habits?
While writing?  It distracts me from any bad habits.

1 comment:

  1. Aw man, you are too sweet! *Still holding the gun*

    Anyway, I love that your bad habits are distracted from by writing. I wish mine were...

    ReplyDelete