Monday, August 14, 2017

My View on Fandom

In the case that I ever get any degree of fandom, it's important that I lay a few simple ground rules.

I am officially giving my blessing to create and share with me almost anything relating to nicoserial.  I am not against 'problematic' art and fic and I want to see it.  Below is a short list of exclusions, however:
  • Whitewashing of my characters, or any other distinct change in their core design.  Gender and sexuality headcanons are welcome when they don't contradict the canon.
  • Any written or drawn erotica or drawn nudity of characters who are or appear to be children.  The high school teens are generally fine, assuming they're aged up.  When it comes to written erotica, I draw the line not at the presence of sexual content, but the tone it takes.  For example, were somebody to elaborate on Kiyoteru Tanaka and Sayaka Yamaguchi's unfortunate time spent together, I would not want to see it if the purpose was 'I think that would be hot', but would if the purpose were 'that's messed up, poor Sayaka'.
  • For personal reasons, I would prefer not to be sent any images of my characters in the style of 'my little pony'.
  • I think that's it.
I should also note that any creative work which violates these rules of what I want to be shown, I will not condemn.  I do not give my blessing to these things, but I will not condemn them, and neither should you.  Politely correcting anyone who creates these things (especially the first bullet point.) is encouraged, but I do not want to see any harassment campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment