Saturday, May 13, 2017

Where's the New Akuma?

Akuma No Imouto chapter 5... I'm sure nobody is wondering where it is, but I have to give an explanation anyway!  Between personal failures (playing too much persona 5, writing persona 5 fanfiction when I should have been working on Akuma... I'll own up to my own mistakes) and circumstances when I did decide to get down to business (a paid gig with a very short deadline, renovations at home) the new Akuma won't be available until next time.  It also requires a rather hefty amount of time to be spent on art for the chapter, more complicated art than the usual character refs.  To make up for this, I'll eventually post two chapters of Akuma on a single update day to catch it up to the other stories.

I am also considering resuming Dear Diary soon; but why?  Well, first of all, it's the most finite story.  Yokaishiteru! and Akuma have no real end in sight.  Checkboxes does, but only after at least 49 chapters due to the nature of the story.  Dear Diary, meanwhile, will probably only end up with one physical volume when compilation time comes around.

The other reason to continue Dear Diary is to begin work on another story called 24 Doors.  Currently, I'll be entering what I'll consider a 'promotional period' for 24 Doors, as its very first post will contain Dear Diary and Checkboxes spoilers, and thus it cannot truly begin until those spoilers are out in the open.

24 Doors is going to be different from the other stories.  Unlike the current lineup, which goes on regardless of if anyone is reading them, 24 Doors will rely on audience participation.  It will be a Decision Game.  Each post will include a link to a poll, and the results of these polls will change the direction of the story.  I'm hoping this will be interesting.  I have a short checklist of things which must be done before I can launch.

  • Finish Dear Diary (which will allow 3 more characters to be promoted)
  • Reach the point in Checkboxes where the spoilers are involved. (which will allow two characters to be promoted)
  • Release 'The Color of Strawberries', a half-finished book focusing on Ayano Ueda (which will also allow two characters to be promoted)
  • Promote all 24 characters.
With any luck, I can build enough of an audience to run 24 Doors and finish the promotions by 2018.  Thank you for reading, and I hope you look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment